- Participation in an exciting and growing organization representing the interests of cyclists in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Membership in Cycling Canada, a National Sport Organization with one simple purpose – to inspire Canadians to cycle.
- Eligible for a 10% discount on select bicycle apparel and/or accessories at various shops (Canary Cycles, Freeride Mountain Sports, The Outfitters, Fun ‘N’ Fast, Cycle Solutions and Minipi Outfitters).
- Eligible for a 15% discount on memberships and 10-class cards at Modo Yoga St. John’s. Proof of membership is required.
- Eligibility for funding from the Athletic Excellence Fund
- Ability to participate in BNL approved non-competitive events (e.g. group rides) in the province
- Access to other specific BNL organized activities
- Insurance coverage while participating in BNL approved non-competitive events
- Right to vote at the Annual General Meeting
- Ability to stay informed about events and current issues regarding cycling in the province
Provincial Racing Membership
Includes the benefits of a General Membership, plus:
- The ability to compete in BNL sanctioned road, gravel or MTB races, only within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. A Cycling Canada/UCI Race License is required by anyone wishing to race and be placed in the BNL Provincial Championships (all disciplines) or looking to race outside the Province.
- Insurance coverage while participating in BNL sanctioned competitive events.
- Eligibility for prizes or awards arising from competitive races within the province.
Cycling Canada/UCI Racing License
Cycling Canada/UCI Race Licenses are issued by BNL on behalf of Cycling Canada, which is in turn affiliated with the
international cycling body, Union Cycliste Internationale. This means that CC/UCI License holders are able to compete in
sanctioned events across Canada, such as the Canadian Championships and anywhere in the world, subject to certain
conditions. A Cycling Canada/UCI Licensce includes benefits as outlined above for General Membership and Provincial Racing Membership, plus:
- The ability to race and be placed in the BNL Provincial Championships (all disciplines).
- The ability to compete in UCI races outside the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Insurance coverage while participating in UCI events as well as BNL sanctioned competitive events.
- Receipt of a digital photo I.D. card which must be shown at every competitive event that UCI holders participate in.
- Eligibility for selection to provincial teams, representing Newfoundland and Labrador at provincial, national and international events.
- Eligibility for selection to national coaching and athlete development programs.
- Eligibility to receive UCI points for riders participating in UCI sanctioned events.
- Eligibility for prizes or awards arising from competitive races.
- If a member of any age category plans to participate (but not race) in a competitive event within the province, then at the discretion of event organizers that member may be able to ride with a general membership. This participation would be considered purely recreational and as such the rider would not be eligible for any category placing. The rider will be placed in a recreational category for which no winners are designated, or series points awarded.
- Youth aged 12+ with Canada Games or other competitive aspirations require a U17 Provincial Racing Membership. A Cycling Canada/UCI U17 license may also be required at the discretion of event organizers to race in certain events within the Province. A Cycling Canada/UCI license is required to race and place at the BNL Provincial Championships.
The BNL membership year extends from January 1st to December 31st!
|Under 19 years of age||$30.00|
|19+ years of age||$40.00|
Provincial Racing Membership
|Under 17 years of age||$35.00|
|17+ years of age||$45.00|
UCI Racing Membership
|UCI under 17 years of age||$45.00|
|UCI 17+ years of age||$65.00|
Troubleshooting during Registration
Bicycle Newfoundland and Labrador is pleased to partner with Cycle Component Network (CCN) for online membership registration. If you experience any challenges while registering, feel free to contact CCN for assistance.
CCN is accessible by phone (1.866.534.2453 or 604.332.4433) or email: email@example.com to assist members with the registration process. Their office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Late event registration is a common issue. It is important to plan ahead to prevent disappointment. If you hear of an upcoming event that you might like to participate in, plan early. Become a BNL member and sign up for the event in plenty of time.
If you are ever determined to be partially or fully responsible for an injury or for property damage while cycling, you could face substantial financial challenges. Your BNL membership fee provides insurance coverage for members in good standing during participation in APPROVED or SANCTIONED cycling activities.
For more details about your insurance coverage click here.