Bicycle Newfoundland & Labrador (BNL) is looking for a Coaching Director to oversee all aspects of cycling coaching in the province.
Provide leadership in the area of coaching and athlete development for cycling in the province of Newfoundland & Labrador with the aim of developing a strong base of qualified and dedicated coaches. The BNL Coaching Director reports to the President of BicycleNL.
- Develop a Policy for Coaching as per the goals of BicycleNL
- Assess the current coaching situation in the province
- Develop a plan with stated goals and objectives to enhance coaching in the province
- Help recruit and select qualified coaches for the 2020 NL Games and assist with the 2021 Canada Games.
- Conduct or organize coach training courses as per SportNL, NCCP and Cycling Canada
- Develop a plan for high performance athletes in cycling
- Assist with athlete selection for the 2020 NL Summer Games and 2021 Canada Games Team
- Develop and maintain an accurate reporting system for regular submission to the board of BNL
- Liaise with TriNL and SportNL to enhance coaching programs
- Experience as a club coach, provincial coach for cycling or other equivalent experiences
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Member in good standing of Bicycle Newfoundland and Labrador (BNL)